What a great time last night and amazing wines. Thanks again to Instructor Mary Burnham for her energy, wit and expertise – always a pleasure. The wines were amazing and no doubt the winner of the night was #7 Andrea Oberto Barolo Rocche 1998.
A big thank you as well to SF Wine Center storage member, Greg Pelling, for sharing those amazing Gaja Barbarescos from 1982 and 1986. That was extremely generous and what a great way to finish off the tasting. For those that had to take off right after class, my sincere apologies! The after class tasting was a lot of fun with so many storage members and regular class attendees there to share it. If you missed it don’t worry, I think we will have to make a little habit out of that.
The wines we tasted were:
1. Fontanafredda Gavi 2009
2. Vietti Arneis 2010
3. Gaja Rossj Bass Chardonnay 2009
4. La Spinetta Ca’di Pian Barbera d’Asti 2007
5. Marchesi di Gresy Barbaresco Martinenga 2007
6. Pira Barolo Margheria 1995
7. Andrea Oberto Barolo Rocche 1998
8. Giacomo Conterno Barolo Cascina Francia 1996